The fundamentals of circular fashion unraveled, learn about circularity in all steps of the fashion value chain. From new textile materials and circular design all the way to business modelling.
Content of the course
The fashion industry has a large influence on the global economy and is more and more known for its social and environmental impact. Everywhere, new initiatives sustainable are arising from recycling and upcycling to creating clothes from compostable materials. Circularity tough, is a complex phenomenon. What will the future bring us? Are we going to decompose our clothes in our own garden?
This online course is a comprehensive introduction to circular fashion, brought to you by roughly thirty different experts from both academia and practice. You will learn about the versatile task of transitioning towards circular fashion, from the unique collaboration between Wageningen University & Research, ArtEZ University of the Arts and many other experts.
What you will learn
After this course you will know the core concepts and tools to help better understand circular economy in the fashion industry. Some of the topics that are covered focus on understanding the challenge of recycling, design for circularity, alternative textiles through biobased innovation and circular business modelling to help bring innovations to the market.
After completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of sustainability and circularity in fashion
- Understand the importance of design for disassembly and recyling
- Evaluate new biobased materials for textiles and understand the change in production processes
- Disrupt current thinking and mindset in the fashion industry and govern the transition to circular fashion
- Understand economic paradigms and new forms of value creation for circularity in the fashion industry